Playing Doctor




Initial Visit?

Tuesday, May 10

L'odeur de la Mort
Prelude

I am not a fan of warnings, but today’s post may be a bit much for some people. If you are of a delicate nature, come back tomorrow.

During my second year of med school, I spent a day at the Medical Examiner’s office, helping out with autopsies.

Have you ever opened the stomach of a woman who overdosed on sleeping pills, pain meds and chemotherapy? Would you be surprised to find Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts in her stomach with them? Do you suppose she really loved peanuts, or do you think she swallowed handfuls of them to hide the aftertaste of the pills? I spent weeks hoping she loved peanuts.

Or have you ever cut the anus out of a dead hooker to look for evidence of an anal rape by her murderer? Now, that’s an interesting story.

Some guy (or girl—girls can do anything guys can do) was killing hookers and putting their bodies in Samsonite Outline Jumbo Suiters and leaving them around town. I’d tell you some of the more interesting details, but I don’t know if they ever caught the guy (or girl—Girl Power!) and so I don’t want to screw up any Good Cop/Bad Cop interrogation routine that may take place in the future. I will say it was a bit tricky to get her into a position where we could dissect it out. I am glad the evidence photographer was focused on the body rather than me.

What a day that was!

But I digress…

Tomorrow: Dealing, Not Dealing, and Preparing

4 Comments:

5/10/2005
Blogger Spider writes:

If I may be so bold as to ask, WHY would one cut the anus out of a dead hooker?

 


5/11/2005
Blogger Erik writes:

To better examine it, to look for semen, to send it out for cytologic/microscopic evidence. I really can't go into anymore detail about what we did or did not find.

I will say it was a bit tricky to get her into a position where we could dissect it out. I am glad the evidence photographer was focused on the body rather than me.

 


5/11/2005
Blogger dan writes:

Man, if I have to read one more blog entry about dead hooker anuses. Dead hooker anus stories are so 1997.

 


5/12/2005
Blogger Spider writes:

Seriously, thanks for the education. I knew that there had to be some reason, and your first reason was the one I came up with. Love the education I have gotten reading your blog - thanks!

 


Post a Comment

Home

Medical Records

Season Three

Season Two

Season One