Playing Doctor




Initial Visit?

Monday, March 28

Playing Planetdan


Playing Planetdan
With all the talk in the media nowadays about the blog wars, with real life violence spilling out into non-virtual reality. I thought I would take a week out from the Silicon Valley drive-by shootings and Microsoft Thug Life, to help spread the peace.

Dan, of Planetdan.net got a lot of notoriety last summer by posting a series of high school glamour shoots with appropriate captions. He even got kudos from Cruel Site of the Day. But it is unlike Dan, as far as I can tell, to be cruel, and he even went so far as to pixilate their faces, and posted a note for anyone who saw themselves and was offended, to let him know and he would take their picture down.

I am not sure what happened next, but I do know something about a lawsuit was involved and he had to take down the entire thing.

But while the episode gave him a moment of notoriety, he has been consistently amusing us. His posts range from found internet objects and the misadventures of him and his friends, to confronting his (largely imagined) obsession with cleanliness.

He is from Minneapolis and his writing reads like notes from a warm-hearted friend. Even when he is poking fun, he does so with a distinctly Midwestern kindness.

So for the rest of the week I'm going to leave this stage-set looking like this and each post will include a link to one of his that I have found particularly amusing.

So here's to Dan, who remembers that Blog Violence is wrong, both virtual and non-virtual. Dan, keep keeping the peace.

Public Service Announcement

(Note: But why does Blogger have to hate? My quotes appear like “ in all my archieves. His blogger font does not recognize.)

3 Comments:

3/28/2005
Blogger dan writes:

WOW. That was surreal. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first. I thought my computer was all fritzy. Once I realized what was going on I got all blushy and embarrassed. I honestly don't know what to say. I feel like I've won an Oscar.

As for the Senior Pics site, I never actually got sued or anything. I just got threatened with a lawsuit from some photographers association, and from what I understand they really didn't have a leg to stand on, but I don't like to rock the boat so I jumped ship like a total wuss. Oh well.

Anyway, thanks for the attention. Even though attention embarrasses me, I crave it insatiably.

 


3/28/2005
Blogger dan writes:

PS. I'm impressed with your web code wizardry.

 


3/30/2005
Blogger Unknown writes:

That is so nice....Dan is fun

 


Post a Comment

Home

Medical Records

Season Three

Season Two

Season One