Playing Doctor




Initial Visit?

Monday, March 14

A Different Kind of Home Depot

Yesterday, my friend Cecil called and asked if he could borrow my lawn mower.

“You could,” I reminded him, “ except you’ve had it since last November.”

“You didn’t come and get it back at some point?” he asked me.

“No,” I said.

“Okay, well I’m heading to Home Depot.”

Cecil and I like to hang out at Home Depot. We have some of our best conversations arguing over which herbicide to use (Ortho Weed•B•Gon) or whether the Black & Decker cordless is really worth that much more money. (It is.)

The invite always starts that way “I’m heading to the Home Depot.” The refrain is “what are you getting?”

“What are you getting?” I ask.

“A lawn mower,” he said. “I was hoping you had picked up yours. Someone must have stolen it.”

3 Comments:

3/14/2005
Blogger hot babe writes:

So the basard lost your lawnmover? I don't think you should ever loan him your cordless B&D.

 


3/14/2005
Blogger Erik writes:

No one calls my friends bastards except me, Hot Babe.

Besides he's replacing it, so I don't really have anything to complain about.

 


3/15/2005
Blogger hot babe writes:

My sincerest apologies. I meant nothing by it- *really.* I call everyone either a bastard or crack whore. Bad habit that I'll be more mindful of in the future... well, at least on your blog.

 


Post a Comment

Home

Medical Records

Season Three

Season Two

Season One