Playing Doctor




Initial Visit?

Thursday, January 20

Into the Mouths of Babes


This picture greeted me on my bank’s log-in screen. I have never really understood bank marketing concepts. I get they are supposed to be about home and family and whatever, but the grin on this guy’s face is ambiguous.
When I was fourteen, I went to stay with my uncle to help take care of my two year-old cousin while my aunt was in the hospital giving birth to a new cousin. The two year-old had a cold, and I woke up around 2 am hearing a commotion downstairs in the kitchen. As I was walking groggily down the stairs I heard, “Drink it, you little shit.”
I walked into the kitchen to see my uncle had her sitting on the counter, trying to force her to drink a spoonfull of cough syrup. She was somehow wailing with her mouth closed. I poked her in the belly and she opened her mouth to scream, and we got the syrup down. Cough taken care of, we all went back to sleep.
Anyway, that’s what I think of when I see this picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Medical Records

Season Three

Season Two

Season One