Playing Doctor




Initial Visit?

Monday, January 31

If these walls could talk, I'd want them to shut up.

I found a very disturbing thing in my home about three years ago that was left by the previous owners.

When I first toured the house, there was a little Christmas tree sitting in the daughter’s room that remained up ‘all year long, because she loves Christmas.’ The next room was occupied by her mentally handicapped brother, whom she helped care for.

Once I moved in, I turned the daughter’s room into a computer room because they had these built-in cabinets. I decided to run some cables under the base of the bottom shelf, which lifted out quite easily, and I found the seventeen year-old girl’s trove.

There was a fertility tester. I was not even aware such things were commercially available. It was like a home pregnancy test kit. They were these little sticks that you peed on, and it told you if you were ripe. (It must have detected a LH surge, the time when women are most fertile) There were two of ten of them left.

I could not even begin to guess what was going through her mind. Was she trying to get pregnant? Was she peeing on them and then not using protection if it was negative? Either way, I felt sick thinking about it. I almost called the previous owners to tell them to have a sit down with her.

5 Comments:

1/31/2005
Blogger hot babe writes:

Didn't I read this somewhere before? But where...

 


1/31/2005
Blogger Erik writes:

Three things,

1) Yes, shamefacedly, I was post-call this morning, and simply posted a comment I made on Dan's Blog.2) In penance, here is a link to this site I have been reading lately. It is a collection of quotes overheard in offices across the country. Some samples:

"I am going to need you to help me because this is not information that is readily available in my...uh...brain."

"You know, I was diagnosed as a genius as a child and I don't get along with other geniuses. That is why I think you and I are such good friends."


3) Captain, you're going to need to pull over. We have a three exclaimation point per post maximum on this site.

 


1/31/2005
Blogger hot babe writes:

I'll be using that 2nd quote.

Oh, and clarification please so that I don't ever get pulled over on your blog- is that a three exclamation point limit per sentence, per comment, or per post (meaning if I comment more than once under the same post)?

 


1/31/2005
Blogger Erik writes:

Three exclaimation points per post.

 


2/02/2005
Blogger hot babe writes:

hitbyabike is my new favorite blogger!!!

 


Post a Comment

Home

Medical Records

Season Three

Season Two

Season One